(also lanner falcon)
Definition of lanner in English:
A falcon with a dark brown back and buff cap, found in southeastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Falco biarmicus, family Falconidae
- Many people have flown lanner falcons, but few have had good results taking game with them.
- There are thought to be about a million lanner falcons in the world and they are common through much of southern Europe, the Middle East, south-west Asia and Africa.
- Large and small white egrets, spoonbills, black cranes and the very rare lanner falcons are permanent inhabitants of the near-by, strictly protected bird reserve.
Definition of lanner in:
- British & World English dictionary