- A tropical evergreen shrub of the verbena family, several kinds of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
More example sentences
- Genus Lantana, family Verbenaceae: many species, in particular the South American scrambler L. camara, grown as an ornamental and sometimes becoming an invasive weed
- The monarch-attracting butterflyweed, verbena, lantana, ornamental grass, dietes, daylilies, black elephant ears and white-topped sedge set a natural stage for the water.
- Should I trim verbena and lantana to encourage flowering?
- John, who lives at Sunset Beach, says his colourful front garden - full of bougainvillea, roses and lantanas - will give Steve's tropical paradise a run for its money.
modern Latin, from the specific name of the wayfaring tree Viburnum lantana, which it resembles superficially.
More definitions of lantanaDefinition of lantana in:
- The British & World English dictionary