- Fine, soft hair, especially that which covers the body and limbs of a human fetus or newborn.More example sentences
- Their face and body are covered in soft hair called lanugo.
- Nails and hair become brittle; the skin dries, yellows, and becomes covered with soft hair called lanugo.
- Five months after conception, human fetuses grow a thin coat of hair, called lanugo, all over their bodies.
late 17th century: from Latin, 'down', from lana 'wool'.
More definitions of lanugoDefinition of lanugo in:
- The British & World English dictionary