- A joint made with two pieces of metal, timber, etc., by halving the thickness of each member at the joint and fitting them together.More example sentences
- In addition, it's easier to obtain the required 8 in. lap joint when the two 10 ft. links are placed together on the back-up block.
- Unlike building cabinets and shelves, making humanoid sculpture requires screwing boards together at wild angles, which means that traditional joinery, like butt joints and lap joints don't usually come into play.
- After the surface has been thoroughly dried, apply one coat of a paintable water repellent preservative or water repellent to the bare wood, being careful to liberally treat end and lap joints.
More definitions of lap jointDefinition of lap joint in:
- The British & World English dictionary