- The home.More example sentences
- He would also have had more loyalty to his own culture - more pietas (respect for the lares and penates).
- No wonder students in the College Programming Office compiled a complementary, unofficial list of lares and penates, ‘Things to Make a Dorm a Home.’
- Throw in white and you resolve at least Leeds and Spurs, and get the colours of St. George - perhaps playing in these colours creates some form of prayer to the lares and penates, or to St. George or England itself?
More definitions of lares and penatesDefinition of lares and penates in:
- The British & World English dictionary