Definition of larkspur in English:
An annual Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family that bears spikes of spurred flowers. It is closely related to the delphiniums, with which it has been bred to produce a number of cultivated hybrids.
- Genus Consolida (formerly Delphinium), family Ranunculaceae
- Will the poppy seeds come up planted where the larkspur grows?
- That's what I thought, too, before I tried larkspur, an old-fashioned flower that seems devoted to making my gardening life easier.
- Most of our celosia fell victim to damping off, and the larkspur and other flowers were late.
Definition of larkspur in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.