Definition of larkspur in English:
An annual Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family that bears spikes of spurred flowers. It is closely related to the delphiniums, with which it has been bred to produce a number of cultivated hybrids.
- Genus Consolida (formerly Delphinium), family Ranunculaceae
- Will the poppy seeds come up planted where the larkspur grows?
- That's what I thought, too, before I tried larkspur, an old-fashioned flower that seems devoted to making my gardening life easier.
- Most of our celosia fell victim to damping off, and the larkspur and other flowers were late.
Words that rhyme with larkspurhotspur
Definition of larkspur in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan