- 1Of or relating to the larynx: the laryngeal arteryMore example sentences
- Pancreatic, pulmonary, pleural, laryngeal, adrenal, pericardial, myocardial and lingual leishmaniasis have also been reported.
- Structures include the thyroid gland, aortic arch and great vessels, proximal portions of the vagus and recurrent laryngeal nerves, esophagus and trachea.
- Saccular diverticula of the laryngeal ventricle are often reported.
nounPhonetics Back to top
- A laryngeal sound.More example sentences
- It is still in intense debate how many laryngeals there were, but most linguists agree on three.
- After all, the laryngeals were first postulated before Hittite was deciphered.
- Alleged cognates will be discarded as soon as the exact number of laryngeals and fricatives in Nostratic and the new phonemic correspondences are established.
late 18th century: from modern Latin laryngeus 'relating to the larynx' + -al.
More definitions of laryngealDefinition of laryngeal in:
- The British & World English dictionary