Definition of laryngeal in English:
1Of or relating to the larynx: the laryngeal artery
More example sentences
- Pancreatic, pulmonary, pleural, laryngeal, adrenal, pericardial, myocardial and lingual leishmaniasis have also been reported.
- Structures include the thyroid gland, aortic arch and great vessels, proximal portions of the vagus and recurrent laryngeal nerves, esophagus and trachea.
- Saccular diverticula of the laryngeal ventricle are often reported.
nounPhonetics Back to top
A laryngeal sound.
- It is still in intense debate how many laryngeals there were, but most linguists agree on three.
- After all, the laryngeals were first postulated before Hittite was deciphered.
- Alleged cognates will be discarded as soon as the exact number of laryngeals and fricatives in Nostratic and the new phonemic correspondences are established.
Definition of laryngeal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan