1Relating to the larynx: the laryngeal artery
More example sentences
- Pancreatic, pulmonary, pleural, laryngeal, adrenal, pericardial, myocardial and lingual leishmaniasis have also been reported.
- Structures include the thyroid gland, aortic arch and great vessels, proximal portions of the vagus and recurrent laryngeal nerves, esophagus and trachea.
- Saccular diverticula of the laryngeal ventricle are often reported.
A laryngeal sound.
- It is still in intense debate how many laryngeals there were, but most linguists agree on three.
- After all, the laryngeals were first postulated before Hittite was deciphered.
- Alleged cognates will be discarded as soon as the exact number of laryngeals and fricatives in Nostratic and the new phonemic correspondences are established.
Late 18th century: from modern Latin laryngeus 'relating to the larynx' + -al.
Definition of laryngeal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.