Definition of laryngology in English:
The branch of medicine that deals with the larynx and its diseases.
- Five sections then follow, focusing on laryngology, rhinology, otology, orofacial and lower airway surgery.
- He served in the Royal Army Medical Corps in India and Germany and then studied laryngology and otology at the Royal Ear, Nose, and Throat Hospital in London.
- Appointed senior lecturer and consultant in otolaryngology in Liverpool, he confined his practice to the discipline of laryngology and head and neck surgery, the first to do so in the United Kingdom.
- Example sentences
- One then becomes an expert dermatologist, an expert laryngologist, and expert alienist, and expert oculist, an expert internist, and expert diagnostician.
- Dysphonic professional voice users should be referred to the voice clinic, run jointly by a laryngologist and a speech and language therapist.
- Baseline data were recorded after eligibility had been assessed and consent had been obtained by the laryngologist.
Definition of laryngology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia