- (In the British armed forces) the second of two bugle calls giving notice of the hour of retiring at night, played also at military funerals and acts of remembrance.More example sentences
- After a single bugle player performed the last post a minute's silence was held to remember those who never came home.
- Corporal Stephen Pountney played the last post on the bugle and relatives laid wreaths in front of the memorial.
- A bugle blew in the Ruhr on Sunday, sounding the last post for the postwar German model.
More definitions of last postDefinition of last post in:
- The British & World English dictionary