noun (plural lati /ˈlätē/ or lats)
- The basic monetary unit of Latvia, equal to 100 santims.More example sentences
- As we motor through the European Union in future, we will be able to change our euros into Latvian lats and Lithuanian litas.
- The government has agreed to increase teachers' salaries 20 lats from January 1, 2006.
from the first syllable of Latvija 'Latvia'.
noun(usually lats) • informal
- (In bodybuilding) a latissimus muscle.More example sentences
- Every cartoon/player came with exploding biceps, triceps, pecs, lats.
- Are bigger biceps, triceps, pecs and lats leaving elbows, shoulders, necks and backs more vulnerable?
- Pectoral muscles and lats can push an enormous amount of weight through a great range of motion, which means they, too, are more directly fatigued.
mid 20th century: abbreviation.