- A person who arrives late: latecomers were not admitted before the intermission • figurative he was a latecomer to modernismMore example sentences
- A few latecomers arrived in a hurry and took their seats as soon as possible, relieved that they had not missed anything.
- I paddled the rest of the way in to the beach, arriving just as the latecomers were hopping over the rocks that lined the shore.
- The latecomer did arrive 10 minutes after the dinner had begun and the place setting had been pulled.
More definitions of latecomerDefinition of latecomer in:
- The British & World English dictionary