- 1Recently: latterly, his painting has shown a new freedom of expressionMore example sentences
- I've been involved in those areas latterly as assistant grounds manager and I can say to fans not to worry.
- He will be presented with the Marsden Medal tonight for his 40-year contribution to Antarctic research, latterly focusing on climate change.
- Those who live and work in the area, which has latterly advertised itself as The Quarter, feel the bar will upset the balance of this café quarter.
- 1.1In the later stages of a period of time, especially of a person’s life: he worked on the paper for fifty years, latterly as its political editorMore example sentences
- The Theatre Royal, opened in Williamson Square in 1762, latterly a cold storage premises, witnessed across its stage a procession of the finest artists of their age.
- He enjoyed fishing, shooting, and his garden, and latterly took up painting.
- I was her carer but I was also latterly her colleague, and, I am proud to say, her friend.