- A rocket-powered vehicle used to send artificial satellites or spacecraft into space.More example sentences
- Its solid rocket motor ignited 5.2 seconds later sending the launch vehicle and research vehicle payload on its test flight.
- The first launch of any new rocket is risky and few companies will want to put their very expensive new spacecraft on an untried launch vehicle.
- A kind of rocket-powered taxicab called a launch vehicle carries a satellite from earth into space.
More definitions of launch vehicleDefinition of launch vehicle in:
- The British & World English dictionary