- A lavatory.More example sentences
- By the end of the journey, he can find himself caught seriously short, so the aromatic cubicles that pass for lavs at Bondi Junction station become sanctuaries of blessed relief.
- When it was my turn, I headed down to the lavs and to the lone cubicle, only for some shirt wearing bloke to slip in ahead of me.
- It's not that I'm afraid to fly, but I hate the hassle of standing in this line and then standing in that line - heck, there's usually a line for the lav on the plane!
early 20th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of lavDefinition of lav in:
- The British & World English dictionary