Definition of law of succession in English:
1The law regulating the inheritance of property.
- This, in my view, would be a distortion of the principles underlying customary law of succession and inheritance.
- There are all sorts of areas of law where even the common law of bankruptcy has private international law aspects, as does the common law of succession.
- It caused untold hardship in terms of the laws of succession for blacks and even provided for the separation of the administration of white and black intestate estates.
1.1The law regulating the appointment of a new monarch or head of state.
- The exception is royalty, where, by the laws of succession, a high position is inevitable.
- So, she will be his wife under common law, but not the Queen under the law of succession.
- Male primogeniture governed most property arrangements as well as the laws of succession to the crown.
Definition of law of succession in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.