A person who violates the law.
- They're being criminalized and treated as lawbreakers.
- The essential arguments are that nothing in the policy excludes these cases and that to exclude them puts lawbreakers in a better position than entrants who declare themselves.
- ‘If the Government becomes a lawbreaker,’ he wrote, ‘it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.’
- Example sentences
- So, the Republicans will change the law to either politicize the prosecutor's office or retroactively legitimize past lawbreaking, and then proclaim themselves clean.
- But the prevalence of cultural relativism must take some blame too: For some, a culture of lawbreaking is just as valid as a culture of obedience to the law.
- If we go back to the case of massive resistance to desegregation, we have another example of federal lawbreaking assisted by state officials.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.