Definition of lawful in English:
1Conforming to, permitted by, or recognized by law or rules: it is an offense to carry a weapon in public without lawful authority
More example sentences
- Silence or mere lack of objection does not constitute a lawful waiver.
- The first question is whether the detention is lawful under domestic law.
- In such cases, it will be easier to establish that the detention was lawful.
- Example sentences
- Yet by the 19th Century, the Brits were renowned for almost painful ‘Victorian’ rectitude and lawfulness.
- The court is not able to review the merits, only the lawfulness, of the decision.
- Judicial review of administrative action usually examines the lawfulness, procedural fairness and rationality of a decision.
Words that rhyme with lawfulawful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.