- A game played with heavy balls, the object of which is to propel one’s ball so that it comes to rest as close as possible to a previously bowled small ball (the jack). Lawn bowling is played chiefly outdoors (although an indoor version is also popular in Britain) on a closely trimmed lawn called a green.More example sentences
- Because of the heat, the lawn bowling was delayed until later, while the darts and pool competitions were played down to the final stages.
- The Bowling Green is also starting a lawn bowling league, commencing in May.
- The Lions Club had also planned to hold a lawn bowling competition prior to the party but unfortunately they had to cancel this because of heavy rain.
More definitions of lawn bowlingDefinition of lawn bowling in:
- The British & World English dictionary