- 1Start: the newsletter leads off with a report on tax billsMore example sentences
- My parents may watch a lot of television, but they don't care for the local news leading off with murders.
- Two weeks ago, Stewart led off with a news story from CNN.
- For a change, we decided this week to lead off with Good News.
- 1.1 Baseball Bat first in a game or inning.More example sentences
- In the Braves' half of the first inning, he led off and deposited the first pitch of the game into the left field seats.
- He hit his home run, leading off in the fourth inning.
- He led off for the Giants, and took two fastballs to get ahead in the count.
More definitions of lead offDefinition of lead off in:
- The British & World English dictionary