Definition of lead the way in English:
1Go first along a route to show someone the way.
- Lance, still bursting with enthusiasm, led the way along the perimeter fence.
- Businessman John Innes leads the way along a narrow dirt track, overgrown with chest-high grass and twisting vines, illustrating immediately the attraction to tourists keen to see for themselves the scenes of war.
- She shrugs without much enthusiasm then leads the way along a narrow hallway.
guide someone, conduct someone, show someone the way
1.1Be a pioneer in a particular activity.
- At present Europe leads the way in developing alternative and sustainable energy and in designing energy-efficient technologies from central heating to hi-fi systems.
- Four York primary schools are leading the way in developing methods of teaching foreign languages to young children.
- The US is leading the way, both in development of technology and take-up rates of internet commerce.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan