Definition of lead with one's chin in English:
1 informal (Of a boxer) leave one’s chin unprotected.
- That's known in boxing parlance as leading with your chin.
- Being out front hasn't always been pleasant for Meeks, who occasionally leads with his chin.
- If you've got a glass jaw and you lead with your chin, you shouldn't be surprised when you wind up unconscious on the canvas.
1.1Behave or speak incautiously.
- He led with his chin, demanding that long-term board members stand down because they were ‘too old.’
- And for a man who leads with his chin twice a week, he acts awfully surprised when someone takes a pop at it
- Until it can be clearly refuted, no one wants to take the chance of leading with their chin.
Definition of lead with one's chin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan