Definition of lead with one's chin in English:
1 informal (Of a boxer) leave one’s chin unprotected.
- That's known in boxing parlance as leading with your chin.
- Being out front hasn't always been pleasant for Meeks, who occasionally leads with his chin.
- If you've got a glass jaw and you lead with your chin, you shouldn't be surprised when you wind up unconscious on the canvas.
1.1Behave or speak incautiously.
- He led with his chin, demanding that long-term board members stand down because they were ‘too old.’
- And for a man who leads with his chin twice a week, he acts awfully surprised when someone takes a pop at it
- Until it can be clearly refuted, no one wants to take the chance of leading with their chin.
Definition of lead with one's chin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.