- Most important: a number of leading politiciansMore example sentences
- Craven District Council has played a leading role as main sponsor of the project.
- She danced all the leading ballerina roles, foremost among them Odette-Odile and Kitri.
- He has figured in a number of leading roles for Ballinrobe Musical Society, including Danilo in The Merry Widow.
nounBack to top
- 1Guidance or leadership, especially in a spiritual context.More example sentences
- Things can be learned in many ways (spiritual leading is one way you pointed).
- It is a longing for a church that raises up leaders who recognize that leading and listening are not mutually exclusive.
- Thus, if we are not willing to give total obedience to his leading, we should not pray for blessing from above.
- 1.1An instance of spiritual guidance: the leadings of the Holy SpiritMore example sentences
- He exhorted us to concentrate primarily on obeying the written guidance in God's word, rather than seeking mysterious leadings and feelings.
- Shine your light into my darkness and help me to follow the leadings of love.
- This was in part because, over time, my leadings (as the Quakers would say) toward Christianity became suspect in my own mind.
- The amount of blank space between lines of print.More example sentences
- Most scrapbookers don't know what kerning or leading are and how to adjust them accordingly.
- I must say it is very interesting, but is it really necessary to have the typesetting within so big and the leading between each line so expanded?
- And certainly, with that leading, I think surrounding it a box would be a mistake.