nounMusic North American
- another term for subtonic.More example sentences
- A good tool for determining the new key is to identify the new leading tone, which is located one half step below the new tonic.
- A strongly accented weak beat, an isolated high note, an unresolved leading tone - all these suggest that somewhere, somehow, later on their unrealised implications will be ‘actualised’.
- This line of thinking reasons that the resolution of the leading tone, for example, must be rendered by Ti to Do; Si to La, as occurs in La-Based Minor, simply will not do.
More definitions of leading toneDefinition of leading tone in:
- The British & World English dictionary