Definition of leaf beetle in English:
A small beetle that feeds chiefly on leaves and typically has bright metallic coloring. Some kinds are serious crop pests.
- Family Chrysomelidae: numerous species
- It's not that the beetle likes water - it's a leaf beetle - but that flooding disturbs the ground which encourages the plant.
- One of the new pests to reach Ohio in recent years is the bean leaf beetle, which has long infested other states, carrying with it bean pod mottle virus.
- Cereal leaf beetle larvae may defoliate small grain foliage in the spring.
Definition of leaf beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia