- A small, deep-bodied, predatory freshwater fish, with mottled brownish-green coloration that gives it a leaflike appearance.
More example sentences
- Two species in the family Nandidae: Monocirrhus polyacanthus of South America, and Polycentropsis abbreviata of Africa
- There are ghost pipefish, harlequin pipefish, an array of different frogfish, leaf fish, small octopus, sea horses - the list goes on.
- Small animals like the leaf fish and the ghost pipe fish make exciting discoveries.
- On one dive, the guides found a couple of leaf fish, the most beautiful I had ever seen, hiding away in a crevice; beside them several lionfish were hunting glassfish.
More definitions of leaf fishDefinition of leaf fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary