- A large, slow-moving tropical insect related to the stick insects, with a flattened body that is leaflike in shape and color.
More example sentences
- Family Phylliidae, order Phasmida: Phyllium and other genera
- Leaf insects, so-called because they resemble broad leaves, are grouped in the same order as stick insects, Phasmida, however only about 30 species of the total 3000 are leaf insects.
- The eggs of the leaf insect are normally just scattered on the ground and will hatch in the spring.
- In Australia, stick insects are found in most places, but leaf insects are only found in north Queensland.
More definitions of leaf insectDefinition of leaf insect in:
- The British & World English dictionary