Definition of leaf mold in English:
1Soil consisting chiefly of decayed leaves.
- Enrich the soil with compost and leaf mold, periodically apply organic fertilizers such as fish emulsion, and make sure plants get adequate water.
- These are not gross feeders, but elegant plants of open woodland, happiest in humus rich soils with an annual mulch of compost or leaf mould.
- Here's how: Amend soil with compost or leaf mold and a bit of horticultural sand.
2A fungal disease of plants in which mold develops on the leaves.
- The interaction between tomato and the leaf mold pathogen Cladosporium fulvum is an excellent model for investigating disease resistance gene evolution.
Definition of leaf mold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan