- A tree-dwelling songbird of South and Southeast Asia with mainly green plumage and a black bill, the male typically having a black throat.
More example sentences
- Genus Chloropsis, family Irenidae (or Chloropseidae): several species
- However, I stray from the purpose of our trip: birds, which were no less alluring than all the scenes mentioned above, with names such as leafbirds, bulbuls, coucals, laughingthrushes, babblers, sunbirds and junglefowl.
- This higher-level sequencing convention results in some strange and eye-catching placements, such as the kinglets between bulbuls and leafbirds, or the vireos between whydahs and fringillids.
- Scott then placed the males next to the cage of a male Orange-bellied Leafbird, and soon all three males were singing the leafbird song.
More definitions of leafbirdDefinition of leafbird in:
- The British & World English dictionary