- 1The amount of freedom to move or act that is available: the government had several months' leeway to introduce reformsMore example sentences
- Because of it she had been given more freedom and leeway then other daughters of kings.
- Our readers have a fair amount of leeway in choosing where they earn those frequent-traveler points.
- And I think the press is at least giving them leeway now to make those moves.
- 1.1Margin of safety: there is little leeway if anything goes wrongMore example sentences
- Up here in the still vastness there is no margin for error, no wiggle room, no leeway between getting it right and dying.