- The left-hand side of the human brain, which is believed to be associated with linear and analytical thought.More example sentences
- The left-brain association with tool use was strengthened by studies of two people who previously had the nerve fibers connecting their left and right hemispheres surgically severed to control severe epilepsy.
- Collier thinks the contest is between right-brain and left-brain thinking; he has pointed out that all of them are left-handed, while the other team is all right-handed.
- A viewer certainly doesn't have to be a mathematical expert to appreciate what it offers, although those with a strong left-brain component may relate better to John Nash than right-brainers.
- More example sentences
- Nearly everyone has by now been introduced to the concept of left-brained and right-brained thinking.
- Maybe I am strongly left-brained, but experience has made me look for a more balanced perspective.
- He's convinced that it's because I'm left-brained and tend to analyze everything in order to learn these skills.
Pronunciation: /ˈleft ˌbrānd/adjective
More definitions of left brainDefinition of left brain in:
- The British & World English dictionary