Definition of left brain in English:
The left-hand side of the human brain, which is believed to be associated with linear and analytical thought.
- The left-brain association with tool use was strengthened by studies of two people who previously had the nerve fibers connecting their left and right hemispheres surgically severed to control severe epilepsy.
- Collier thinks the contest is between right-brain and left-brain thinking; he has pointed out that all of them are left-handed, while the other team is all right-handed.
- A viewer certainly doesn't have to be a mathematical expert to appreciate what it offers, although those with a strong left-brain component may relate better to John Nash than right-brainers.
- Example sentences
- Nearly everyone has by now been introduced to the concept of left-brained and right-brained thinking.
- Maybe I am strongly left-brained, but experience has made me look for a more balanced perspective.
- He's convinced that it's because I'm left-brained and tend to analyze everything in order to learn these skills.
Pronunciation: /ˈleft ˌbrānd/adjective
Definition of left brain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan