Definition of left hand in English:
1The hand of a person’s left side.
- Over 20 children played games, painted and ate their lunch only using their left hands.
- Nobody knows what causes about one in 10 people to have dominant left hands.
- People who agree with the statement raise their right hands, while people who disagree raise their left hands.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
1On or toward the left side of a person or thing: his left-hand pocket
More example sentences
- As Well belatedly settled, the young defender lined up a free kick 25 metres out and curled it towards the top left-hand corner.
- Mark McGeown, the Airdrie goalkeeper, could only watch as the ball arced towards the top left-hand corner and in off the post.
- Korea win a free-kick on the left-hand side of Germany's box and win a corner.
Definition of left hand in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan