Definition of leftist in English:
adjectiveBack to top
Supportive of the political views or policies of the left: leftist radicals
More example sentences
- Meanwhile, a group of leftist radicals is on a crime spree of murder and robbery, arming themselves with automatic weapons, explosives, and rockets.
- In 1947, many leftist filmmakers were treated as outlaws, and it's not surprising that they made some of their best films from the point of view of criminals.
- The air strikes caused a profound split inside leftist groups that could not decide which side they should support.
- Example sentences
- Records the implosion of its Labor Party, long the country's majority party, now doomed to irrelevance as it sinks deeper into a leftism that consists mostly of wishful thinking.
- Deacon and I were both part of the anti-Viet Nam war movement, and for both of us, the tortuous path to understanding the truth about that conflict was an important part of our shedding the leftism of our youth.
- I'm partial to this one because it springs, in part, from a central fallacy of the leftism of them and others.
Words that rhyme with leftistdentist • transvestist • statist
Definition of leftist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.