Definition of leg-rope in English:
1(In surfing) a rope attached to a surfboard and tied to the surfer’s ankle to prevent the board being washed away by the surf.
- There's not really a lot of equipment involved in surfing, but one item that may prove to be invaluable to you is the leash or leg rope.
- The leg rope allows people to fall off surfboards without having to swim to shore to retrieve rock-damaged foam and fibreglass.
- One of the best things to happen to surfing did, however, happened in 1973, when surfer Jack O'Neill invented the leash, or leg rope.
2A rope secured to a horse’s leg, used to prepare the horse for a rider.
- Tess, who twice daily milked eight or ten cows that stood placidly for her in the field, unrestrained by bail or leg-rope, also helped in butter and cheese making.
- Run the leg rope from the right ankle up over the horse's back.
- The hind leg rope is always a bit longer than the front leg rope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.