noun (plural legalities)
1The quality or state of being in accordance with the law: documentation testifying to the legality of the arms sale
More example sentences
- What we have here is a blatant undermining of the system under the cover of legality.
- He had only been given a later assurance of legality, which contained none of the caveats.
- The legality of many actions taken during the settlement of the country was dubious at best.
1.1 (legalities) Obligations imposed by law.
- Vows recited in a church or garden or on a mountaintop are separate from the legalities of marriage.
- He said the legalities surrounding Horsfall were one of several factors under consideration.
- In many ancient cultures, the legalities of marriage were formed to ensure the well being of any children brought forth by the union.
Words that rhyme with legalitybanality, duality, fatality, finality, ideality, locality, modality, morality, natality, orality, reality, regality, rurality, tonality, totality, venality, vitality, vocality
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.