- (Of handwriting or print) clear enough to read: the original typescript is scarcely legibleMore example sentences
- This book has an attractive look to it, with a legible typeface and good layout.
- I stared at the note, wishing that the mystery person had more legible handwriting.
- Health staff must ensure all handwritten records are legible, dated and signed.
- More example sentences
- The last entry in his little book showed the struggle of his shaking hand as he tried to write legibly.
- All of the forms in the packet must be legibly completed, and brought with you to the assessment.
- Those who can't even write their names legibly can still check out the Fringe Gallery downstairs.
late Middle English: from late Latin legibilis, from legere 'to read'.