(also lemon grass)
Definition of lemongrass in English:
A fragrant tropical grass that yields an oil that smells lemon. It is widely used in Asian cooking and in perfumery and medicine.
- Cymbopogon citratus, family Gramineae
- Add the white parts of the spring onions, the garlic, ginger and lemongrass and stir-fry for two to three minutes.
- Effective non-chemical remedies include the essential oils from plants such as lemongrass, eucalyptus, cypress, lavender, rosemary and thyme.
- Food includes New York-style grilled sirloin and mash or the more eastern-themed steamed clams with lemongrass, while murals of Radio City Music Hall and the Rainbow Room will make Manhattan-ites feel at home.
Definition of lemongrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.