(also lemon grass)
Definition of lemongrass in English:
A fragrant tropical grass that yields an oil that smells lemon. It is widely used in Asian cooking and in perfumery and medicine.
- Cymbopogon citratus, family Gramineae
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the lemongrass then slice the tender insides into wafer thin rings.
- He could hardly taste the lemongrass, so dominant was the chilli.
- Cut the sweet potato, parsnip and broccoli into bite-sized chunks and add to the curry with the shallots and lemongrass.
Definition of lemongrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan