A small eastern Asian wild cat that has a yellowish-brown coat with black spots and often lives near water.
- Felis bengalensis, family Felidae
More example sentences
- The Asian leopard cat lineage consisted of the Asian leopard cat, flat-headed cat, fishing cat, and rusty-spotted cat.
- Rangers said afterwards they believed the animal was a leopard cat, barking deer, wild pig or a stray cow - all indigenous animals in Hong Kong's rural areas, the South China Morning Post reported.
- Mill, whose surname was Sugden at the time, bought an Asian leopard cat in 1963 when they could still be acquired at some pet shops.
Definition of leopard cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary