Definition of leptospirosis in English:
An infectious bacterial disease that occurs in rodents, dogs, and other mammals and can be transmitted to humans. See also Weil's disease.
- The bacterium is a spirochete of the genus Leptospira
- Puppies should be vaccinated against distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and rabies.
- This is aggravating an already festering situation produced by outbreaks of malaria, dengue fever, hepatitis-A, leptospirosis, cholera and other diarrheal diseases.
- Conjunctivitis can also be a symptom of other infections such as measles or leptospirosis, a bacterial infection.
Definition of leptospirosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.