Definition of lethargy in English:
1A lack of energy and enthusiasm: periods of weakness and lethargy [in singular]: she might have sunk into a lethargy
More example sentences
- He was particularly upset with police lethargy and lack of enough vehicles for night patrolling.
- Pardon my lethargy and lack of imagination as I continue my romp through our holiday snaps.
- A good breakfast is important for refilling our energy stores, keeping lethargy at bay during the morning hours.
1.1 Medicine A pathological state of sleepiness or deep unresponsiveness and inactivity.
- Some of the other side effects of the strong pain medications include confusion, lethargy and sleepiness.
- Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, lethargy and indifference.
- Monitor for clinical symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, lethargy, edema, jaundice, and seizure breakthrough.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.