Definition of lethargy in English:
1A lack of energy and enthusiasm: periods of weakness and lethargy [in singular]: she might have sunk into a lethargy
More example sentences
- He was particularly upset with police lethargy and lack of enough vehicles for night patrolling.
- Pardon my lethargy and lack of imagination as I continue my romp through our holiday snaps.
- A good breakfast is important for refilling our energy stores, keeping lethargy at bay during the morning hours.
1.1 Medicine A pathological state of sleepiness or deep unresponsiveness and inactivity.
- Some of the other side effects of the strong pain medications include confusion, lethargy and sleepiness.
- Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, lethargy and indifference.
- Monitor for clinical symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, lethargy, edema, jaundice, and seizure breakthrough.