noun (plural lei /lā/)
- The basic monetary unit of Romania, equal to 100 bani.More example sentences
- The dollar this week made up ground on the Zimbabwe dollar, the Romanian leu, and Botswana pula.
- On the upside, the Indonesian rupiah gained 3.2%, the Romanian leu 1.6%, the Philippines peso 1.3%, and the British pound 1.3%.
- On the downside, the Romanian leu sank 2.5%, the Uruguay peso dropped 1.4%, and the Thai baht declined 0.6%.
Romanian, literally 'lion'.
More definitions of leuDefinition of leu in:
- The British & World English dictionary