- A colorless organelle found in plant cells, used for the storage of starch or oil.More example sentences
- Different types of non-photosynthetic plastids can be found in non-green tissues of plants (e.g. leucoplasts and chromoplasts), and these usually carry out specialized biosynthetic and storage functions.
- Stromules have been recorded on all major plastid types, including proplastids, chloroplasts, etioplasts, leucoplasts, amyloplasts, and chromoplasts.
- The apical layer of glandular head cells was characterized by leucoplasts and calcium oxalate crystals.
More definitions of leucoplastDefinition of leucoplast in:
- The British & World English dictionary