(British also leucocytosis)
- An increase in the number of white cells in the blood, especially during an infection.More example sentences
- With Lazarus, he published a book that dealt with normal blood and the appearance of blood cells in various pathologic states, including leukocytosis, leukopenia, leukemia, and anemia.
- A complete blood count may reveal leukocytosis or thrombocytopenia.
- As an example, negativity of cultures does not preclude the possibility that this older woman with bilateral infiltrates, blood leukocytosis, and neutrophil lung infiltration had a lung infection.
More definitions of leukocytosisDefinition of leukocytosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary