(British also leucosis)
Definition of leukosis in English:
A leukemic disease of animals, especially one of a group of malignant viral diseases of poultry or cattle.
- Scientists have been able to transmit the causative agent of acute leukosis (Marek's disease) in chickens with this beetle.
- Are cows which provide colostrum for your calves tested for bovine leukosis?
- Example sentences
- Macroscopic appearance in affected viscera, with the exception of the bursa of Fabricius, are indistinguishable from leukotic lesions induced by other agents.
- The study entailed investigating the serological control of 20 samples of blood and milk from leukotic cattle with ELISA and nested PCR.
Definition of leukosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan