(British also leucosis)
- A leukemic disease of animals, especially one of a group of malignant viral diseases of poultry or cattle.More example sentences
- Scientists have been able to transmit the causative agent of acute leukosis (Marek's disease) in chickens with this beetle.
- Are cows which provide colostrum for your calves tested for bovine leukosis?
- More example sentences
- Macroscopic appearance in affected viscera, with the exception of the bursa of Fabricius, are indistinguishable from leukotic lesions induced by other agents.
- The study entailed investigating the serological control of 20 samples of blood and milk from leukotic cattle with ELISA and nested PCR.
More definitions of leukosisDefinition of leukosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary