- Any of a group of biologically active compounds, originally isolated from leukocytes. They are metabolites of arachidonic acid, containing three conjugated double bonds.More example sentences
- Prostaglandins and leukotrienes from arachidonic acid metabolism are highly inflammatory molecules, and play an important role in the pathophysiology of asthma.
- Arachidonic acid metabolites such as leukotrienes and thromboxanes have been shown to increase in the lung during ischemia-reperfusion injury in a dog model of warm ischemia.
- In addition to chemokines, lipid metabolites such as leukotrienes and prostaglandins are emerging as important upstream controllers of DC migration toward LNs.
More definitions of leukotrieneDefinition of leukotriene in:
- The British & World English dictionary