- The basic monetary unit of Bulgaria, equal to 100 stotinki.More example sentences
- ‘Customers should have more faith in the euro and the lev,’ former Bulgarian National Bank deputy governor Martin Zaimov was quoted by local media as saying.
- At last Bulgaria had its own unit of currency - the lev, divided into 100 stotinki.
- The appreciating of the lev against the US dollar pushed prices up in 2003, as dollar-denominated real estate trade switched to euro, at a one-to-one ratio, analysts commented.
Bulgarian, variant of lăv 'lion'.
More definitions of levDefinition of lev in:
- The British & World English dictionary