- A basic lexical unit of a language, consisting of one word or several words, considered as an abstract unit, and applied to a family of words related by form or meaning.More example sentences
- On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.
- Linguists might call the monster on the ice-floes a floating signifier, a lexeme whose meaning varies contextually.
- The resulting semantico-functional variant of a lexeme performs a different function in speech.
More definitions of lexemeDefinition of lexeme in:
- The British & World English dictionary