Definition of liaison in English:
- Management of toxicities in the community requires close liaison with the hospital team, and severe toxicity requires immediate admission.
- He said the Institute was putting in place a framework for the resolution of the problem and towards this end, it would work in close liaison with the residents, students, community leaders and the Gardai.
- On the contrary, ‘lobbying’ must be applied vigorously in close liaison with constituent social movements.
- If you want to interview someone in particular, see if a media liaison can arrange it for you.
- This eight-week program trains parents to be active participants and advocates in their children's education and to share these skills as community liaisons.
- Advisers serve advisees as advocates, guides, group leaders, community builders, liaisons with parents, and evaluation coordinators.
- In desperation, she entered warily into a sexual liaison with an army captain, who offered some promise of economic stability.
- In 1613, she was accused of having a sexual liaison with a neighbour and to clear her name, went to the Church Court.
- Above and below, divisions blur and the long-established equilibrium is knocked off balance amid revelations of illicit sexual liaisons and dubious business dealings.
- A liaison of egg yolk and/or a little cream can be added at the end to enrich it and make it even more velvety.
- Perhaps, in the final analysis, French liaison and linking in English may not be so different after all.
Mid 17th century (as a culinary term): from French, from lier 'to bind'.
Originally a cookery term, liaison is from French lier ‘to bind’. The more general use of the word to mean ‘intimate connection’ or more specifically ‘sexual relationship’ dates from the early 19th century. The verb liaise, ‘communicate and cooperate’, was used from the 1920s as military slang formed from liaison.
Words that rhyme with liaisonblazon, brazen, emblazon, raisin
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.