noun (plural liberos)
- The rearmost, roaming defensive player in volleyball or soccer.More example sentences
- In soccer the bulk of media and fan attention is paid to the midfield liberos or the prolific goal-scorers.
- Ballack's former life as a libero has ensured that he shares with Matthaus a rare ability to shore up the midfield as well as punctuate it with important passes and well-timed surges into opponents' penalty boxes.
- Oxford's men's team were missing their enigmatic libero (a specialist passer), Denis Zuev, but Benjamin Collier confidently took his place.
More definitions of liberoDefinition of libero in:
- The British & World English dictionary