Not forbidden; lawful: licit and illicit drugs
More example sentences
- It also indicates the close association at times between licit medicines and illicit drugs and the common terrain of human physiology.
- What it provides, however, is a set of criteria by which a potential military action might be judged morally licit or illicit.
- Among persons that continued to sustain arrests in Manhattan, both licit and illicit substance use tended to persist throughout mid-life.
late 15th century: from Latin licitus 'allowed', from the verb licere.
- More example sentences
- Of course, we may not deny people even gratuitous favors out of hatred or contempt, but that does not entail that we may not licitly choose to bestow favors instead on those to whom we feel more warmly.
- The document said that priests should only give Communion to Catholics, and Catholics could licitly receive the sacraments only from Catholic ministers.
- Is there any room, in your view, for lay boards to licitly have more power?