- A commissioned officer in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps ranking above major and below colonel.More example sentences
- Placing military advisers with the rank of major or lieutenant colonel at the Colombian Army's general headquarters is the next step.
- Four to six companies make up a battalion, which is normally commanded by a lieutenant colonel with a command sergeant major as principal NCO assistant.
- Depending on the intensity of the conflict, today, there can be a colonel or a lieutenant colonel coordinating airlift and air-refueling forces.
More definitions of lieutenant colonelDefinition of lieutenant colonel in:
- The British & World English dictionary